Dear Parents and Pupils,
We would like to invite you to take part, with the School, in the ‘School Ecomobility Challenge’, which takes places next week from Monday 5 to Friday 9 October. Every morning during the week, your child’s teacher will make a note of the type of transportation they used to come to school.
What’s the goal?
– To increase awareness about nicer ways (walking, cycling, using scooters, public transport, etc.) to travel to and from school;
– To increase awareness about the beneficial effects of these alternatives for our health and for the environment;
– To reduce, throughout this ‘ecomobility’ week, the amount of car traffic around the School;
– To make getting to school safer for pupils and parents.
By traveling to School by a means other than the personal car. Doing so just on one day in the week would make a real contribution to meeting this Challenge!
The EELM has set up a Cmabulle account. You can download the app today and use it to find and get organized with other parents near where you live to share the trip to school
Where and when?
– Saint Vincent Church in Marcq-en-Barœul by bike on Monday 5 and Thursday 8 October
– Saint Maurice Pellevoisin by bike on Tuesday 6, Wednesday 7 and Friday 9 October
– Wasquehal by tram and walking bus on Tuesday 6 and Thursday 8 October
– Quesnoy-sur-Deûle by bike on Monday 5 and Wednesday 7 October
You can see the detail of the proposed routes in the attached document.
And you can create your own route if you wish with other families (and don’t forget Cmabulle might help you to do so).
Parents will be there. Why not join them!
You can help us meet this Challenge!
Parents remain responsible for their children. And last but not least, don’t forget to wear a yellow vest and a helmet!